IWV Legal proudly serves clients throughout Kern County on Personal Injury cases.
At IWV Legal, we recognize the profound effect that distracted driving can have on individuals and families. Our Kern County distracted driving accident attorneys are committed to delivering legal representation to those who have suffered injuries because of the negligence of distracted drivers. If you have been involved in a distracted driving accident, we are here to help you navigate the legal complexities and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Call IWV Legal today at (760) 713-8455 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our distracted driving accident attorney in Kern County.
Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving poses a significant risk on our roads, leading to a staggering number of accidents each year. Understanding the common causes can shed light on the potential negligence involved. Among the primary culprits are:
- Mobile Devices: The use of smartphones while driving remains a leading cause of distractions. Texting, talking, or using apps diverts a driver's attention from the road.
- In-Car Distractions: Adjusting the radio, GPS navigation, or conversing with passengers can divert a driver's attention, leading to accidents.
- Eating and Drinking: Consuming food or beverages while driving may seem harmless, but it significantly impacts a driver's focus on the road.
- Daydreaming: Mental distractions can be as dangerous as physical ones. Drivers who daydream or have their minds elsewhere may fail to react promptly to changing road conditions.
- Multitasking: Attempting to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as applying makeup or reading, significantly increases the risk of accidents.
Common Injuries in Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving accidents often result in very severe injuries due to the lack of attention and delayed reactions. Some of the common injuries include:
- Whiplash: Sudden stops or impacts can cause whiplash, resulting in neck and spine injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): High-impact collisions can lead to TBIs, affecting cognitive functions and overall well-being.
- Broken Bones: The force of a distracted driving accident can cause fractures and breaks in various bones.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Strains and sprains to muscles and ligaments are common in accidents where the body undergoes sudden and forceful movements.
- Emotional Distress: Beyond physical injuries, victims may experience emotional trauma, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Potential damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for present and future medical costs related to the injuries sustained in the accident.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for income lost because of the inability to work during recovery.
- Property Damage: Reparations for damage to your vehicle and any personal property affected in the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages to address the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Wrongful Death: In the tragic event of a fatality, surviving family members may be eligible for damages through a wrongful death claim.
At IWV Legal, we are committed to building a strong case on your behalf, diligently working to ensure you acquire the maximum compensation available for your specific situation.
If you have been a victim of a distracted driving accident, we are here to advocate for your rights. Contact IWV Legal today to schedule a consultation with our Kern County distracted driving accident lawyer. We will give you the guidance and representation needed to navigate the legal process and secure the compensation you deserve. Your recovery is our priority.
Contact IWV Legal today to get started with our Kern County distracted driving accident lawyer.